With over 6 million users, Bitrix24 is easily the leading free project stakeholder management software out there. But in order to manage project stakeholders effectively, you need more than tools. You need understanding of who these stakeholders are and what their role is.
The definition of project stakeholder is simple and straightforward – it’s any person or a group of people that have an interest in a given project. But it’s critical to understand that each stakeholder may have a very different role. Bitrix24 project management module uses a classic stakeholder role management methodology.
The stakeholder roles are:
- Project owner (moderator) role – it’s a person or a group of people who create and actively manage the project.
- Responsible role – it’s a person who’s responsible for task or project completion. May or may not be the same person as the project owner.
- Project assistant role – it’s a person or a group of people who are responsible for helping with certain parts of task or project. For example, a chief marketing officer may be responsible for launching a new ad campaign, but graphic designers and PPC specialists are project assistants since their involvement is necessary as well.
- Project observer role – it’s a person (frequently a client, a CEO or a supervisor) who will receive all project updates but doesn’t get involved in the project other than providing comments, if necessary.
Bitrix24 comes with a number of stakeholder management tools. For example, stakeholder supervision
allows project owners to see current or future workload for each stakeholder (other than observers). Project timeline view (Gantt chart)
is another great tool because each stakeholder understands how much time is allocated for each project subtask and what the current stage/status for each project is. There are also advanced stakeholder analysis reports
for those who want to get a more granular view.
If you’d like to learn more about Bitrix24 stakeholder project management capabilities, get your free account today
* Please note that the information may have changed since the publication. For current prices and features please visit Bitrix24 pricing page.